Proactive and Responsible Legal Approaches to Digitalisation
Legal Challenges and Theories - Note: New dates!
Info about event
Building 1410 – room 247. Department of Law, Aarhus University
Purpose and content
Digitalization gives rise to many and varied challenges for the practice of law as well as for legal research.
The course will address main issues in regard to legal theories and methods when doing research in this field.
Further, the possible consequences of digitalization in regard to changes in legislation, challenges and changed roles of actors and more specific challenges in various legal fields are addressed.
The course will incorporate the participants’ specific needs, problems and reflections on their subjects. Therefore, the teaching will be organized as an interaction between presentations and discussions based on the participants’ own experience and problems. The aim is to exchange experience and reflections rather than one-way communication.
Professor Bettina Lemann Kristiansen, Aarhus BSS, AU.
Participants are required to hand in a paper.
The paper should be no more than 3 pages (a standard page includes 2,400 characters, including spaces). Please send your paper to Mette Hyldahl email@example.com. Deadline deadline 30 November 2021 at 12:00.
Your paper should include:
- A short presentation of your research project
- A reflection on the use of and possible consequences of digitalization in your research field. Please include the following questions:
- has the legislation that is the object of your research project been made ready for digitalization? if the answer is yes – how? has the legal design changed?
- is digitalization affecting the legal situation of the actors covered by your research project?- if so: how?
- what are the possible consequences of digitalization in your field of research. Does the digitalization help provide better access and better informed citizens?
- does the digitalization constitute any challenges to the traditional legal handling of the legal interpretation of the law and the use of legal principles in the area covered by your research project?
English, if there are participants who are not familiar with Danish.
No later than 20 November. Please send an email to PhD secretary Mette Hyldahl firstname.lastname@example.org, who will provide you with a link for payment of the fee.
Number of participants
A maximum of 20 people.