PhD Course: Policy Advice, Outreach & Dissemination of Research
Info about event
South Campus, University of Copenhagen
The purpose of this PhD course is for PhD students to learn how to
- COMMUNICATE – share their research in an efficient, authentic, understandable, and interesting way
- DISSEMINATE – identify and translate their research findings to prospective broader audiences, including various stakeholders and journalists
- IMPACT – transform their academic research into actual societal impact
Participants will learn how to:
- Frame research communication based on the audience, especially for articles, blog posts, and pitching to media;
- Interact with media;
- Write a policy brief;
- Find stories in their research;
- Turn research into policy impact thanks to feedback from a real-life policy environment
- Various tools, such as podcasting, videos, and blogging
- 1.5 days Ph.D. course is structured as a series of interactive workshops and roundtables
- To receive the most fruitful training, including feedback from the policy environment, please note there is preparatory work which requires submission of deliverables by the deadline date of 20th August.
- The preparatory work includes a reading list and assignments that must be prepared and submitted before the training. The participants will receive the guidance and materials upon approval of their registration.
- Participation will be only possible upon submitting the required preparatory work within the indicated time frame.,
- More detailed agenda can be found on the Sapiens Network website.
University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Law, Njalsgade 76, DK-2300 Copenhagen S, Room: TBA
A guide on how to find Campus is available at our website via this link and a map of campus is available here
University of Copenhagen is connected to Eduroam, which allows students, researchers, and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions.
In case of questions, please get in touch with Associate professor Marta Andhov at email@example.com
Sign up form can be found on the Sapiens Network website or at this link. Your application will be considered on a rolling basis, and we will inform you as soon as possible whether we can approve your participation.