Doctoral Education in Law: Perspectives and Challenges 2023 - CANCELLED!
Info about event
• Fællessalen at The Danish Parliament (Folketinget), Christiansborg, 1240 Copenhagen K
The event was cancelled. New dates are targeted for the course: 14-15 November 2024.
The Danish Legal Research Education Programme (JurForsk) invites all PhD fellows within the discipline of law and interdisciplinary legal studies to attend the conference on the Danish PhD programme entitled Doctoral Education in Law: Perspectives and Challenges 2023.
The purpose of this conference is to enable you as a PhD fellow to reflect upon
- how to make your PhD education a success
- how the PhD programme and JurForsk can enhance your future career prospects
- why professional networking with academics, lawyers and non-lawyers can be essential for your future career
- how to disseminate your research and to handle journalists
Furthermore, the conference provides an opportunity to discuss how JurForsk can best support the Danish PhD programme.
The Danish PhD programme aims to train PhD fellows at an international level to undertake research, development and teaching assignments in the private and public sectors, for which a broad knowledge of research is required. Writing your PhD dissertation is the most important aspect of the PhD programme, but during your research education you must also attend courses, acquire teaching experience and participate in other research environments.
The objective of JurForsk is to ensure that the JurForsk participating institutions offer courses, workshops and seminars of a high and international standard.
Since the number of entry level academic positions such as postdoc or assistant professor within the field of law and interdisciplinary legal studies is limited, it is very important that PhD fellows reflect upon how the PhD programme can enhance their future career – also within other areas than traditional research.
This conference aims for PhD fellows enrolled at one of the JurForsk participating institutions after November 2021, however, all PhD fellows within the discipline of law and interdisciplinary legal studies are welcome to attend.
Date and Venue
- 27-28 November 2023
- Fællessalen at The Danish Parliament (Folketinget), Christiansborg, 1240 Copenhagen K.
- Visit to the Supreme Court in the evening.
Further information will be provided on 27 November 2023.
- Before the course, each PhD fellow
- must make sure that his/her PhD project is correctly listed on www.jurforsk.dk/projekter and www.jurforsk.dk/en/projects - and, if not, please submit the form available on this page.
- must prepare a poster describing his/her PhD research project and submit it to the organizers. See here for an example of a poster.
- No later than 1 week after the course, each PhD fellow must submit a reflection paper regarding the conference.
Participation in the course requires an estimated workload of approximately 55 working hours. Therefore, PhD fellows participating in the course will be granted 2.0 ECTS for attending the entire conference and completing the written assignments mentioned above.
Attending the conference is free of charge for PhD fellows enrolled at one of the JurForsk participating institutions or JurForskNordic participating institutions, and food during the course including conference dinner (further information will follow) are free of charge as well. Participants must arrange and pay their own accommodation, though.
There are several hotels close to Christiansborg.
Due to security reasons we all have to meet up at the same time, so it is extremely important that you are at the location at the scheduled time, i.e. 11:30.
Further information will be provided about a week before the conference.
Please sign up at https://events.au.dk/doctoraleducationinlawperspectivesandchallenges2023 no later than on 15 October 2023.
Any questions about the conference may be directed to any member of the JurForsk board http://jurforsk.dk/om-jurforsk/ledelse/.